Monday 30 September 2013

Is this what they died for?

Okay, this is part were I say HAPPY INPENDENCE & HAPPY NEW MONTH..... *smiles* As we celebrate 53 years as a NATION!!!

I live life with the mind set of enjoying every day that God gives, so for me, its not a time to rant, but a time to thank, a time to reflect, a time to project and a time to take inspired action.

For many, this month will produce an uncommon greatness that the world has never seen. That's if you align your ways. Can I get an AMEN? Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!

God is looking for diverse ways to bless his people, but you must be AVAILABLE and COMMITTED to the CALL.

Last week, I was privileged to visit the Freedom Park on the Island (Lagos State, Nigeria)  and the experience was truly invaluable. I was able to see were the late great Obafemi Awolowo was imprisoned, I was able to see the gallows were our Fore fathers were hung, I was able to relate to the struggle, I mean were woman were imprisoned, how fortified the walls of the prison were. It will interest you to know that those walls built in the 1920's could not be broken down by the Lagos Government, its almost as if  there is a "force field"  present in the walls. The walls are still there till now!!! I touched it * winks*. This shows how badly the colonialist wanted to suppress the views and opinions of the people.

But "they" fought! For what they believed in, for You and I. Yet any gains? Yes! The gains... You and I. This experience ignited a fire in my heart to truly shoot for and above the stars and move our land forward.

As you know I love to account for history and I do a lot with my camera, so here are some shots from freedom park.

 



At several occasion, I thought aloud to myself " Is this what they died for?", that question is worth asking when you look at the unbearable state of the nation especially the low standard of living is, how high the level of  insecurity has gone in the past years and the unrepentant rate of corruption.

How did we get here? When did we get here? It is a sad tale to see my very own weep. Weep for lives lost, weep for lost cause, weep for shattered dreams, and weep for destinies cut short.


I flip through the papers today and it seems like a dream, how my peaceful and safe abode, the one I treasure and still hope to make a significant change becomes a war field of ammunitions and explosives. Minutes later, I take a look at the plasma TV at work and I see her on CNN, oh not again (that’s what I said to myself) and this time not for good. The summary of both happenings portrays her in a negative light like a place of barbaric methods, unsafe for anyone to stay, to dream, to live.




Now, everyone including the Godfathers and the cabals (who are sponsoring these activities) seem to be pointing accusing fingers. So who is responsible for this inhumane act? Everyone blames the head for not taking necessary steps to outplay the sect but ‘they’ all cry out that the head allows the matter to escalate and become a national shame.

The nation is fed up, the street cries, the blood of the innocent speaks, the earth rages and the world watches. But No! WE the nation cannot watch, we must fight for the good of our land. Fight not with guns, swords and charms but with necessary action to ensure safety (Military) and prayers.



Don’t be unconcerned because there is a reason you weren't born in another country. God decided that this is where you will start your journey of life, so wake up and smell the corpse, see the tears and hear the cries of the slain. Rise up to challenge and remember “in your nation lies you portion”.


We must do our bit and never underestimate the power of our earnest prayer to the lord because a minute of your prayers for this nation (daily) can and will make a big difference.

Or do you want us to begin to ask ourselves ........ Is this what they died for?


Go green, think progress, take inspired action...Nigeria is ours.

Love & Liberty

Phoebe Chi,

No comments:

Post a Comment